2022 WWA Convention
Dates: January 28th - 30th
Convention: January 29th @ 9am
Venue: New York New York Hotel
Las Vegas, Nevada
7:30am - Registration
8:00 - 9:00am - Breakfast
9:00am - Convention Begins
12:45pm - Presentations End
1:00 - 4:00pm - Lunch and Open Bar at our new event location “Beerhaus”
For hotel reservations, please use the following link to book your rooms online with our special group rate. Group Rate
This years convention information:
Calling ALL Watermelon Industry Members--
On Saturday 1-29-2022 the Western Watermelon Association will hold its annual convention in Las Vegas. If you are a watermelon grower, shipper, distributor or a related service provider in the Western United States, YOU will want to attend this industry event!
The Convention focus
1) To bring together watermelon growers, shippers, distributors and related service providers in a relaxed environment that allows for the free flow of information and the exchange of ideas.
2) To offer guest speakers that will provide attendees with an educational and informative experience.
3) To Have FUN--You will be in Vegas!
This year's Presentations
· Jay Hill: "Grabbing the Cow by the horns" Jay will talk about utilizing the positive aspects of agriculture and innovation to help shape a profitable company.
· Emily Greip PhD " Block Chain 101" Emily is the manager of food safety with United Fresh and she will give an over view of block chain and how it might be used in the produce industry.
· Stephanie Barlow " NWPB promotions and programs" Stephanie is a member of the National Watermelon Promotion Board and her presentation will explain -- How YOUR assessment dollars are being spent!
There is MORE ! MUCH MORE !!
· After our presentations end at 1:pm.---The FUN Begins! We move to another venue, "BEERHAUS". At "BEERHAUS" you will have 3 HOURS to eat, drink (over 20 beers on tap and a Premium bar package), and socialize with friends.
Additionally -- if you are a first time attendee, association membership fees are waived as a condition for attending the convention. That means you get ALL of the above, including a Full Breakfast for the incredibly low price of $225.00 dollars.